Thursday, October 14, 2010

Surrender

I'm so grateful for the amazing wisdom people share. And I've really been struck by the meditations on surrender I found on a few of my favorites blogs in the past few days. This is a topic I've been thinking about a lot since seeing Thirteen Conversations About One Thing a while back. So I thought I'd share some snippets here and possibly introduce you to some amazing women.

"Drawing on this stillness is the same practice no matter what situation I am confronted with ~ no matter what disappointment, frustration, opportunity, vision, or circumstance. And that practice is about trust, about knowing ~ not just believing ~ that my life is going to unfold on a daily basis in ways I cannot predict, and so instead of resisting that and trying to shape it into what I think it should be, I can let go and simply take the best possible care of myself in whatever situation I am in."
~Christine Mason Miller

"Just like that. Poof! As if I’d sprayed funk-be-gone all over my psyche. And I realized that, indeed, you’re sometimes better off accepting certain situations rather than fighting like hell. It’s all about channeling your inner Kenny; know when to hold ‘em and know when to fold ‘em, folks."
~Jeanine Caron

"Things were not okay. And yet, when I finally stopped fighting the questions and the sadness and allowed myself to simply be sad and confused, I realised that actually everything was okay. Even when things are not at all okay in the way I wanted and expected them to be okay, they are still okay."
~Marianne Elliott