Friday, October 1, 2010

Vote for Lily!


Karen and Lily at Squam, photo by Donna Gors

Here's a message I recently received from one of my amazing Squam cabinmates. Her marketing company is in the running for a grant to develop a free program to help 4 non profits with their marketing materials and training. They need as many votes as they can get this month, so if this interests you, read on...

"As some of you may know, in my every day life I have a marketing company (read me & my business partner) and we've teamed up with another company (read 2 more people) to try and win a grant to develop a free program to help 4 non profits with their marketing materials and training. They are all fairly small and desperately need our help to tell their stories so they can do what they do best - make our community a better place. We also want to start an ongoing training workshop series to help even more non profits down the line.

"So, we will be in the running as of October 1st on www.refresheverything.com to win a $50,000 grant. But we need votes - daily votes - and lots of them. We truly have no idea how many votes it will take to get in the top 10 so please, please, please consider voting for us every day. By getting the funding for this project, it will also help me personally cover the costs of another personal project I'm running in October and throughout the year called InfertilityEClass.com. It's a free e-class I developed to help women, like me, to deal with the emotions of dealing with infertility. Consider it the silent 5th non-profit.

"If you'd like to learn more about this project and watch our entry video, please visit: www.DoGoodForIndiana.com or check out the attached sheet. We are offering a free short daily e-mail reminder, if you'd like to sign-up here just for the month: http://www.dogoodforindiana.com/VoteForUs.html"