Saturday, October 30, 2010

November is coming!

Yes, my birthday month is just around the corner. But it turns out November is not just about me (and my husband, sister, and brother-in-law...), but it is also a month of challenges! There's the original National Novel Writing Month, commonly known as NaNoWriMo, where the goal is to start writing one's 175 page (50,000 word) novel on November 1 and finish by midnight, November 30th. My amazing sister-in-law is undertaking this challenge and I can wait to hear how it goes.

For the rest of us, there are some other challenges you might be interested in, if you're not already participating. There's National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo), which started as a response to NaNoWriMo and after doing it for a couple of Novembers, the members decided to branch out into other months and make it a year-round affair.

There's also wonderful Leah Piken Kolidas and her Art Every Day Month, which one can also participate in year-round as Creative Every Day. I thought I'd include this great video of Leah talking about Art Every Day Month because it also has a very helpful (at least to me) discussion of the creative cycle and how to keep one's creative muscles in shape even when inspiration isn't striking.

video for Spring! from Leah Piken Kolidas on Vimeo.

Personally, I think I may actually officially join NaBloPoMo for the month of November, since that's my goal anyway and I'm all about the easy these days. But I'm so glad to know about Art Every Day Month and I may try to participate in that next year... Any other challenges you're participating in during November? Let me know - I'd love to come by and support you!