Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday's Inspiration Celebration

I've really been enjoying the Monday Inspiration Celebrations over at
Dandelion Seeds and Dreams
, but since I'm taking a break from making anything for a while, post Squam Art Fair, I haven't participated yet. Well, I decided to jump in this week with my own celebration of things that I've found inspiring in the past week, even if I have nothing to show for it but a happy spirit:)

You all know about how moved I was by Father Gregory Boyle's incredible Tattoos on the Heart, so I will spare you that:) But amazingly enough, the next book I picked up was equally dead-on:


"I wonder if that's what we'll do with God when we are through with all this, if he'll show us around heaven, all the light coming in through windows a thousand miles away, all the fields sweeping down to a couple of chairs under a tree, in a field outside the city. And we'll sit and tell him our stories, and he'll smile and tell us what they mean."
~ Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years



Also, I mentioned that I was participating in the online version of Pema Chodron's retreat in California this past weekend, based on Chogyam Trungpa's powerful book, Smile at Fear. It was full of such helpful wisdom! I can't share a video from that retreat (at least not yet), but here's another great video you might enjoy:



Thanks, Lisa, for encouraging me to think back over the past week and feel so grateful for all the wonderful, inspiring things I've experienced and to get excited about all the fabulous things in store for me this week!