Saturday, February 5, 2011

Where I am

February

Happy to have made it into February. It's still snowing (yes, even as I was taking this photo minutes ago) but the end of winter feels closer and I've started keeping an eye on where the daffodils first come up each year, looking for green shoots.

Really loving spending less time on the computer. Between the Dream Lab challenge this week of stopping numbing behavior, dear Sharon Salzberg's 28-day meditation challenge for February, and reading the first chapter of The Joy Diet ("Nothing" being the topic for the week), it seemed like a good time to finally get back into a meditation routine, so I've been sitting for a while before doing my evening stretches. This is good stuff. Really, really good.

Reading Joan Anderson's book that came out in 2008, The Second Journey, about what happened to her simple, wild life after fame struck and her hermit beach existence ended. I had no idea she'd written this book and I can't put it down. Molly, this is definitely one to pick up...