Saturday, January 8, 2011

Resting

DSCN3028

Last night on the bus the kindly man behind me answered his cell phone and started speaking in Russian (or another Eastern European language - I'm no expert, but it sounded like Russian to me). I dropped the book I'd been engrossed in and drank up the sounds like nectar. Then when I was at the grocery store this morning, stocking up before (and during) more snow this weekend, a gentleman who'd been checking out cleansers started talking on his phone in what sounded like Russian to me. So I'm taking the afternoon off and heading over to Netflix to watch Ostrov (The Island), which looks pretty great and like it might be just the ticket: "Somewhere in Northern Russia in a small Russian Orthodox monastery lives an unusual man whose bizarre conduct confuses his fellow monks, while others who visit the island believe that the man has the power to heal, exorcise demons and foretell the future."

Will report back tomorrow to tell you it went. Hope you have a lovely Saturday afternoon, listening to what your soul is calling out for.