Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday's Inspiration Celebration - Martha Beck

Photo from Prevention

A couple of weekends ago, there was a quotation on Shutter Sisters that stopped me cold:

"There's a certain amount of love that wants to enter the world. And the ability to be part of the delivery system for that is probably the one goal that never goes away."

~Martha Beck


Wow! Thank you Irene Nam for bringing this into my life at just the right moment. I immediately dropped everything and listened to the 50 minute+ interview and linked to it here. Then last week when it felt like the endless winter in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and I had a horrible case of cabin fever and the crazies, I listened to another interview with her, this one focusing on her book Steering by Starlight.

I spent the rest of the week at work able to focus on what I love about my work, which is connecting with and helping people - being able to really listen to someone to hear what they need and then use my love of the hunt to try to find it for them. It's so easy to get pulled into the day-to-day annoyances that come up in any workplace, but it was really healing to remember to look for the juice of what I love about my work. And there is a lot of it. Then the light just shines!