Thursday, January 27, 2011

Imperfection celebration, squared

I have to share this story with you because it's such a perfect imperfection celebration. So I have this wonderful family history with adoption. Many important people are in my life because of adoption, some traditional, some open. In fact, my whole family is made up of love more than biology - full of steps, halfs, in-laws, and by the grace of Gods. So beautiful.

Anyway, I've fallen in love this this great blog, Blessings in a Basket, which supports birth mothers who put their children up for adoption. The founder, Ashley Mitchell, is just the loveliest person and has been blogging lately about her experience with an amazing online class, Brave Girls Club's Soul Restoration.

I thought it would be a meaningful way for me to give back to the birth mother community that's been so generous with me in my life if I would sponsor one of Ashley's Big Tough Girls so they could take Soul Restoration at no cost. It's been a lot of fun working out the details with Ashley and I just completely love that today is the day the giveaway was announced. There is no better way to meet me than by seeing my crazy happy face in my goggles:)