Sunday, January 23, 2011

five (really) good things


More great stuff that I'm feeling very grateful for today:

1. A really comfortable new desk chair. I realized there were few comfortable places for me to sit down in our house and now that I'm embracing laziness and I spend a lot of time at the desk, working on the computer or watching/listening to things while making stuff, I went out and bought a really comfortable chair and put it together. Twice. Once all mixed up and once the right way:) Ah!

2. Super comfortable and warm sweaters from Mom and Steve. I am loving these ribbed full-zip sweaters from Eddie Bauer. And it looks like I wasn't the only one! I was able to get them in tall versions as a Christmas gift and I love being warm and snugly in them - perfect with yoga pants after a long day at work.

3. Totally amazing Osho Zen Tarot cards, thanks to Katie (and Kath)! So happy to have my own deck to handle, but have also been blown away by the online version you can explore here. Beautiful and insightful!

4. Learning about a fabulous "eccentric" 18th century Japanese artist, Itō Jakuchū, thanks to David. You can see two of his stunning paintings at the top of this post. Perhaps my favorite Japanese filmmaker, Hayao Miyazaki, didn't come out of nowhere...

5. Yoga in the evenings. On Monday I read this fabulous post on my friend Lis's blog, Dandelion Seeds and Dreams, and it reminded me to get up off my (then super uncomfortable) chair and get back into my body. I had an amazing experience in the pigeon pose and made a commitment to do at least that pose every evening after getting home from work. Crazy how much that helped. I feel like all kinds of things are being released. Plus it just feels great.

Update: Have to add a 6th that I'm listening to right now. Loving this interview with Martha Beck.