Sunday, June 6, 2010

21.5.800


Last week Marianne Elliott (who I'm doing 30 Days of Yoga with starting on Saturday the 12th) posted another related project on her blog. Bindu Wiles is inviting anyone who is interested to join her in a project connected to yoga and writing: 21.5.800. For 21 days, participants will be doing 5 days of yoga a week and 800 words of writing per day.

At the beginning of the year I set an intention to make this a year of writing. I've been pretty good about showing up here almost every day with something or other to say, but I had also wanted to do more journal writing, which never really got off the ground. I was especially inspired by Christina Baldwin's book One to One. As soon as I read about this project I immediately saw it as a great incentive to dive into the writing prompts that had intrigued me in her book.

So wish me luck! Not sure how I'm going to fit all of this into an already full schedule, but it will be fun to share how it goes with you. I've already received my yoga practice and have been having fun trying out new poses. Now to pull together some writing topics to explore...