Thursday, November 11, 2010

Perfectly imperfect


I'm playing around with having more sort of regular features here, since I enjoy them on other people's blogs and I'm realizing that I do well with a little structure. I thought it would be fun to have a regular bloopers feature, since I'm always doing embarrassing things. And it seemed like it could be a nice follow-up to the Perfect Protest.

So last week it was rainy and much darker in the morning than it's been and as I pulled from my street out onto the main highway in our town I realized I'd probably misgauged the distance and speed of a vehicle now coming behind me. As I guiltily gunned the engine and glanced in my rear-view mirror, suddenly I could see that they had flashing lights on and I thought "Uh-oh, busted. Better pull over." It was too late when I realized that the flashing lights were in fact orange and just sat there by the side of the road while the garbage truck passed me, suddenly very grateful for the darkness.