Friday, November 12, 2010

five senses friday


Thanks to Rodger for the use of another great photograph of his and thanks to Jeanine and Abby for this wonderful way to process a roller-coaster of a week...

Tasting:

Puckett's delicious chicken & dressing with green beans and corn cake - such good comfort food!

Smelling:

that classic "new car" smell in my new-to-me Honda Civic - yes, the end of an era...

Seeing:

some last beautiful golden leaves illuminated with lovely morning light

Feeling:

heartbroken over the loss of my sweet car-friend Georgie, excited about my new car-friend Joy

Hearing:

Mulatu Astatke over Joy's speakers and pretending that I'm Bill Murray in Broken Flowers


Goodness, thirteen years is a long time - we all look so young... Fare thee well, Georgie! You were a loyal, sweet friend. I will miss you.