Sunday, February 24, 2013

woo woo love adventure


blue skies

OK, so I've discovered that I'm way more of an adventurer at heart than a scientist. The experiment is over, my dear friends, and the true findings are that I love adventures! I've been on something of a marathon of navel-gazing lately and the unlikely news is that all signs, from the enneagram to astrology and numerology, point to me as an adventurer, such as it is, so I'm accepting the truth and getting back on track.

The adventure lately has been getting truly woo woo, folks! I can't stop listening to the Marie Manuchehri radio show and learning more about the cool guests she interviews - just finished a fascinating book by Sue Frederick, called I See Your Dream Job. Listening to Marie and my favorite guest of hers, Dr. Sheila Dunn-Merritt, got me really interested in holistic medicine and I found an amazing chiropractor who I can't believe is right here in Tennessee! His intuitive approach and various chiropractic and other healing techniques have me feeling better than I have in years. And thanks to my dear, amazing sister I'm now a juicing fiend! My current favorite is a celery/green apple/ginger/lemon/baby kale blend - yummy! I'm also totally loving my subscription to Eckhart Tolle TV. And I look forward every week to sitting with the Nashville Insight Meditation Group. Did I mention that I have plans to see the Dalai Lama, Thich Nhat Hanh, and Pema Chodron this year? Seriously, my life is an embarrassment of riches on the spiritual front these days and I am so, so grateful.

The good news is that I haven't floated off into the ether just yet - we've been hitting the local trails and there's nothing my feet like better than wandering these beautiful hills, especially when there's a lake up ahead...

happy trail

hikers

serene tree

a beaver was here

beaver home?

chandelier tree

colemans on the trail

pinecone sunburst