Sunday, February 10, 2013

true love experiment week 1


page/duke stars and curtain
page/duke's "star" garden

Here are some things I truly loved this past week:

1. Listening to jazz - I'm super lucky to live in a house with a fabulous collection and to be married to a wonderful man who loves it as much as I do (after I had to listen behind closed doors growing up). Nothing makes me feel as at-home in the world as good jazz (ie Miles Davis, Wayne Shorter, John Coltrane, Eric Dolphy, Mingus, Charlie Parker, Bobby Hutcherson, Andrew Hill, Sun Ra, etc.).

2. Finding an awesome chiropractor and suddenly being so much more at ease in my body - I hadn't even noticed how stiffly I'd been holding myself, probably for years.

3. Seeing this sea of sparkles at the Antiques & Garden show - thanks Page/Duke and Albert Hadley for the inspiration.

This is a pretty rich practice, so I'm going to extend it to be a month-long experiment, rather than just a week. I'm looking forward to seeing what this week brings!

page/duke stars garden