Saturday, June 9, 2012

marigold adventure

marigolds

I played hooky this week and went to see a movie that everyone is suddenly talking about: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. And I am in LOVE!!



Although I've never been there, I love many things relating to India, including the music, the food, the colors, and the spirituality. It wouldn't surprise me at all if I end up someday living for a period of time in an ashram there. And like the characters in this movie, it will probably be in my later years.

The cast is amazing: Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, and Maggie Smith. And totally delightful Dev Patel, who reminded me the whole time of my dear brother (I mean that in the best way possible). Plus, it is just a stunningly beautiful movie - perfect for the big screen.

And if you need any more convincing, it has lines like this in it: “We get up in the morning and do our best. Nothing else matters.” Run, don't walk, to The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel!