Saturday, March 20, 2010

Squam dreaming





Yes, pop-ups have re-entered my life, with this delightful cast of characters!

I'm headed to Squam for the first time this fall, which is a wonderful thing to have to look forward to, let me tell you! And I'm hoping to participate in the art fair they hold as part of the festivities. Last year, while green with envy over everyone's blog posts and pictures from this incredible art workshop weekend in New Hampshire, I'd read about Jen Lee's experience at the art fair and thought it would be such a cool thing to be part of. I've sold my lightcatchers and pillows in shops in Boston and Nashville over the years, but I think it would be great fun to have the personal contact of a fair, especially with this amazing group of people. So I'm putting in my application to sell these tiny (smaller than a business card when all folded up) "Pocket Pop-up Pals". I'm loving playing with photographs Rodger and I have been taking and little vintage (public domain) illustrations. Making these would be a wonderful way to spend the next several months as I look forward to this special experience!