Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dark eyes

Rodg has been taking some outstanding photographs of birds this weekend. Really, one of my big highlights of 2009 that I should have listed the other day was getting a Nikon digital SLR. It has been such a pleasure to see the amazing photographs my sweetie has been taking with it. And anyone who has spent any time in my company discussing birds knows that my most favorite bird is the titmouse, which he got a great shot of:


I was looking at it and once again going on and on about how these little birds just delight me, how they seem to have so much personality. Perhaps I've spent several lifetimes as a titmouse because it's kind of odd how incredibly fond I am of this humble little bird. Perhaps it is my animal totem, etc., etc. I can go on for hours like this, really. And Rodg said, "It's their dark eyes." And it kind of cracked me up, because I really do love dark eyes!

And then (welcome to my brain) it made me think of a favorite, favorite concert moment when Patti Smith and Bob Dylan sang "Dark Eyes" at the Orpheum in Boston a million years ago (this footage is from that same tour). You are in for a treat!