Monday, September 5, 2011

simple adventure

tomatoes

These days I'm enjoying keeping things simple and being in the moment. Instead of obsessing over things, as I'm inclined to do, or trying to pack in too many activities, I've been exploring creating a list of things that really need to be addressed and then working through them, one at a time, just doing what I'm doing and then when that's done, doing the next thing that needs to be done. It's been a helpful way to eliminate time wasters and to put more energy and creativity into the essential things. And essential for me includes exercise, contemplative practice, moments of beauty, 750 Words, simple, delicious meals, and loving the amazing people in my life. Slowing down and living simply feels just right these days.

If anyone wants to join me in my simple adventure, Leo Babauta's mnmlist and zenhabits blogs provide practical tips and inspiring encouragement.

Hope you're all enjoying a lovely Monday, wherever you are!