Wednesday, April 13, 2011

enjoy and love adventure - day 25

IMG_0501

"Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting--
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things."
~ Mary Oliver

"The world is offering itself in every moment to your imagination. And through that imagination you can open the riches of the world, to calm your fears, to satisfy the hungers of your heart, to break out of your own isolation, and to heal whatever is damaged or limited or wounded within you."
~ John O'Donohue

Listening to wonderful John O'Donohue's "The Divine Imagination" in my car I was amazed to hear almost the same line as in one of my favorite Mary Oliver poems, "Wild Geese". Weird, eh? And here's the oddest part. I had no idea what that line meant. In fact I've listened to that disc of the O'Donohue talk 4 times. But I think I'm starting to get it.