Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Creativity surprise

This week's Spring into Action prompt is Have you ever been surprised by your creativity?

In my case, I'd have to say that while I've never been surprised that I'm a creative person (it would be much more surprising to find I was athletic or the life of the party), I have definitely almost always been surprised by the things I've created. To me the creative process is almost like giving birth to something which has a life of its own. I'm one of those people who definitely believes she has a muse:) Almost every project I've worked on has surprised me in its finished state. I tend to work really instinctively and have very little mental image of what a project will end up looking like. The same goes for creativity in my "mundane" life, where I call on openness and play to help find solutions I might otherwise have been blind to. I love that surprise!